Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Turn in the tides, 2008 here I come!

So it was a BIG day today! I had to close last night, so I went into work for 1:30pm. While getting clocked in and organized for my shift I had some chit-chat with my East Coast Operations Manager. I knew that 3 new job positions would be opening up in the company ASAP... and honestly there's only one of them that I'm focused on...

My background and passion is in HR and training mgmt. One of the positions that is opening up is for In-house trainer, which would be a HUGE stepping stone towards my ultimate goal of vendor training for the company. Well, as it turns out... they will NOT be posting the position! For the last couple of months they have secretly been observing me and my work habbits to see if I was a proper fit/candidate. This TOTALLY makes me think of *WHAT NOT TO WEAR* on TLC!!! You know... the part where Stacy & Clinton pop out and tell you how they've been secretly taping you for the last 2 weeks and have you on film in the hideous outfits that you've decided to prance around town in!? Well, accordingly to the powers that be... I don't dress so bad! I just have a few tweeks that I have to work on. I've got the job and my training begins as soon as I can work the extra time into my work load. HELLO I'm a work whore! So needless to say that training begins next week, lol... I'm lovin' it!

This week Phillip is going home to Illinois for a family Holiday visit. I wish I could go! I simply adore my partners family! His Mother, I literally call "Mom 2". If for some reason I can't get intouch with my own Mother... I call "Mom 2". Plus she sends me things, like her famous home made cinnamon rolls & her dinner rolls! The woman is amazing! She has magical powers! She can send ANYTHING in the mail and it will arrive perfect! One birthday she sent me a cake that she made, WITH ICING!!! It arrived without a ding!

I think I'll do something fun & dorky with my days off while he's away. I think I'll read stuff and geek out on coffee info and bake Holiday cookies. Eating a bunch of these cookies in the process will definately be on my check-list! I'm weak when it comes to ice-cream and/or cookies!

And now onto my latest toy update: My SHIORI figure by JUNKO arrived! I really dig it! She's missing one eye... on purpose! LOL... let me tell you the quote in her story-line of JUNKO'S Manga (Japanese Comic-Book).

"Shiori is an ill-bred school girl that loves maces. She eats entrails and fresh blood to give her stamina to avenge Chika the vampire nurse who took her right eye. Junko Mizuno turns her sleazy fairytale anime characters into figurine form. Shiori Miznotic Fantasy Doll". And here's her cartoon image that's in the manga that came with the figure. Check out the little "Dokuo-san's" (little skeleton dudes!) wrapped up in her hair! They too are eating their own little noodle bowls filled with guts! lol...


















And then onto the actual doll package...

1 comment:

SYNRGY said...

Congrats... OMG BGH!!!! That is awesome news...


BTW I tagged you for Ten Tiny Tings
its the meme on my blog... giggle